Each January college music students and music faculty members are invited to attend The NAMM Show in Anaheim, California. This music industry event is the largest music products trade show in the U.S. and, as a result, has been the industry trend-setter in unveiling cutting-edge technologies; creating household product names; showcasing emerging brands, and uniting every segment—large and small—in the music products industry.
While The NAMM Show is open to the music trade only, college music students and music faculty members are eligible to attend The NAMM Show by registering for The NAMM Foundation’s nationally renowned GenNext program. GenNext is a collaboration between The NAMM Foundation and The College Music Society (CMS) that brings college music students and music faculty members exclusive programming and access not available to the general public. If you are seeking a career in the music products industry, you won’t want to miss your opportunity to experience all that The NAMM Show has to offer those looking to have careers in the music or music products industry.
College music students and music faculty members are invited to connect with—and learn from—The NAMM Show’s global audience made up of the world’s most influential industry decision-makers, including independent music retailers, pro audio manufacturers, distributors, sales reps, engineers from recording studios, developers of gaming and apps, houses of worship, touring, theater and entertainment companies, as well as venue buyers looking for stage, lighting and event solutions.
Current college music students studying music, music business, music technology or music education.
College-level music faculty members.
The 2020 NAMM Show
January 16-19, 2020
Registration is now open. Learn how to register, here.
Badge cost: $35.
After the badge deadline, January 6, 2020 at 11:59 pm PT, the cost is $50 per badge.
Housing for general attendees is now open; book your room today.
General attendees have access to a robust hotel block powered by our official partner, EventSphere, to make it fast and easy to find the right hotel. Booking within the official block gives members great pricing, amenities, exclusive promotions and perks as well as flexible cancellation policies.
Due to high demand and our goal of only allowing NAMM members access to NAMM campus hotels (which includes the Hilton and Marriott), these hotels will not be available for direct booking.
For more information about GenNext, please contact Claire Kreger-Boaz.
NAMM President's Innovation Award
The NAMM President’s Innovation Award honors college students who demonstrate excellence in the field of music and are pursuing careers in music including the music products industry.
Recipients receive a one-time cash award of $750 to go toward travel expenses to attend The NAMM Show, the annual global music products trade show in Anaheim, CA January 16-19, 2020. Award winners attend professional development opportunities and receive access to more than 2,000 music products, pro audio, and live event technology exhibits, in addition to concerts, special events, and networking sessions.
Application Cycle opens: June 15, 2019
Application Cycle closes: September 30, 2019
Award Notifications are sent: November 1, 2019
- Supports individuals who are enrolled in college and university music and/or music business programs and are preparing for careers in the music products industry
- Cash awards of $600 are given once a year and one-time-only to selected undergraduate and graduate students to support travel needs and expenses
- Awardees participate in professional development offerings and have access to more than 2,000 exhibits, in addition to concerts, special events, and networking sessions
- Must be enrolled for the summer or fall 2019 semester in university-based music business, music education and/or music technology program and prove—with a Spring 2019 college transcript
- Have an overall 3.0 or higher grade point average
- Applicants must be scheduled to be enrolled full-time in college at the time of The 2020 NAMM Show and through the winter/spring semester.
Congratulations to the 2019 Recipients!