The NAMM Foundation and the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus invited 2015 Best Communities for Music Education districts and SupportMusic Merit award schools to submit a student-made/faculty-advised video that answers the question, “What Makes Music Education Great in Your School?”
Six winners were selected to host a two-day residency with The NAMM Foundation and the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus. Winning schools will host a SupportMusic Community Forum, which is a panel discussion made up of community leaders & advocates who articulate goals for music education in the community; the forum may be webcast “live” to a national network of music education advocates and/or it may be filmed and rebroadcast.
- Celebrate music education support by the community.
- Unite, inspire, and share commitment of community to support to provide access to music learning opportunities for all children.
- Convene community leaders and stakeholders who impact access to music and arts education to speak and serve on a panel discussion; including school administrators, community leaders, elected officials, teachers, students and parents.
- Generate local media coverage about community support for music education advocacy.
- Capture citizen (and student) documentary-style footage and learn “what music education means to me,” which will be promoted by the SupportMusic initiative.
Contact: For more information, contact Claire Kreger-Boaz at Clairek@namm.org or 760-304-5775
View their winning videos.
2015-2016 Tour Stops