Apply for The Smart Women in Music (SWIM) Fund Scholarship to attend The Summer NAMM Show, July 18-20, 2019. Review the guidelines and eligibility below.
SWIM Mission: The Smart Women in Music (SWIM) Fund was created in 2018 to expand diversity, inclusion, and support for women in the music products industry.
Overview: The SWIM Fund NAMM Show Scholarship Program seeks to support women with goals to connect, support and grow as professionals and leaders, and to contribute to the development of the music products industry.
SWIM Fund Summer NAMM Scholarship Program Statement of Purpose: The SWIM Fund scholarship program supports women working in the music products industry in their goals to connect, support and grow their leadership and professional skill sets. A one-time stipend of $600 is available to support qualified applicants’ attendance and participation at Summer NAMM, July 18 – 20, 2019 in Nashville, TN. Awards can be used to support travel, housing and other expenses related to attending Summer NAMM where scholarship recipients will be recognized at a SWIM Meet reception.
Award: Six (6) SWIM Fund Summer NAMM scholarships will be awarded; stipend payment will be made as a reimbursement after Summer NAMM after NAMM staff receives required final report that outlines recipients’ participation in Summer NAMM events; see report and reimbursement requirements below.
- Application Cycle opens: January 23
- Application Cycle closes: February 28
- Award Notifications are sent: April 1
- Reports are due: August 30
How to Apply
Please download and review the guidelines before completing all requirements via the online application portal. Please note, the following Invitation Code is required when you log in.
Invitation Code: SWIM09
- Women who have least three years of experience working in the music products industry who seek opportunities to expand leadership and professional competencies
- Applicants should model the mission of SWIM: to Connect/Support/Grow opportunities for themselves and all women in the music products industry
- Applicants must be first-time NAMM show attendees or be interested in attending a NAMM Show after an absence of at least five years
- Scholarship Recipient Requirements for Summer NAMM
Participate in at least six Idea Center sessions
- Attend all NAMM Breakfast Sessions
- Three hours of job shadowing at Summer NAMM with SWIM-affiliated leaders
- Attendance at the SWIM Meet reception where scholarship recipients will be recognized
- Submit a final report that summarizes activities and takeaways from Summer NAMM attendance; scholarship will be paid upon submission and review of this report
Scholarship Fund Boosted by Matching Donation
NAMM Member Christie Carter, of Carter Vintage Guitars in Nashville, has provided a $15,000 challenge match donation. All gifts to the SWIM Fund received by February 28 will be matched up to $15,000. Please note “for Carter Match” in the “in honor of” section of the donor form. Learn more here.