SWIM Mission: The Smart Women in Music (SWIM) Fund was created in 2018 to expand diversity, inclusion and support for women in the music products industry.
Overview: The SWIM Fund NAMM Show scholarship program seeks to support women with goals to connect, support and grow as professionals and leaders, and contribute to the development of the music products industry.
SWIM Fund NAMM Show Scholarship Program Statement of Purpose: The SWIM Fund scholarship program supports women working in the music products industry and their goals to connect, support and grow their leadership and professional abilities. A one-time stipend of $1,000 is available to support attendance and participation at The 2020 NAMM, January 16-20, 2020 in Anaheim, CA. Awards can support travel, housing and other expenses for attending NAMM; scholarship recipients will be recognized at the SWIM Meet reception during The NAMM Show.
Award: Up to Six (6) SWIM Fund NAMM Show scholarships will be awarded; stipend payment will be made as a reimbursement after The NAMM Show and upon completion of the required final report that outlines participation in The NAMM Show events; see report and reimbursement requirements below.
Application Cycle opens: July 18
Application Cycle closes: October 4
Award Notifications: October 31
2020 NAMM Show: January 16-19
Report Deadline: March 6
- Women who have at least three years of experience working in the music products industry and seek opportunities to expand their leadership and professional competencies
- Applicants should model the mission of SWIM to Connect/Support/Grow opportunities for themselves and all women in the Music Products Industry
- Priority is given to women who have not attended a NAMM Show to provide an educational and NAMM emersion experience. See requirements of attendees
- Must work for a NAMM member company.
- Participate in at least four Idea Center sessions
- Attend at least two NAMM Breakfast sessions
- Three hours of job shadowing at The NAMM Show with SWIM-affiliated women leaders
- Attendance at the SWIM Meet reception; scholarship recipients will be recognized
- Submit a final report that summarizes activities and takeaways from The NAMM Show attendance; the scholarship will be paid upon submission and review of this report.