The 2017 NAMM Show
January 19-22, 2017 in Anaheim, California
Thank you to all college music students and faculty who attended GenNext at The 2017 NAMM Show! Hope to see you next year in Anaheim.
Each January college music students and music faculty members are invited to attend the The NAMM Show in Anaheim, California. This music industry event is the largest music products trade show in the U.S. and, as a result, has been the industry trend-setter in unveiling cutting-edge technologies; creating household product names; showcasing emerging brands; and uniting every segment—large and small—in the music products industry.
College music students and music faculty members are invited to connect with—and learn from—The NAMM Show’s global audience made up of the world’s most influential industry decision-makers, including independent music retailers, pro audio manufacturers, distributors, sales reps, engineers from recording studios, developers of gaming and apps, houses of worship, touring, theater and entertainment companies, as well as venue buyers looking for stage, lighting and event solutions.
While The NAMM Show is open to the music trade only, college music students and music faculty members are eligible to attend The NAMM Show by registering for The NAMM Foundation’s nationally renowned GenNext program. GenNext is a collaboration between The NAMM Foundation and The College Music Society (CMS) that brings college music students and music faculty members exclusive programming and access not available to the general public. If you are seeking a career in the music products industry, you won’t want to miss your opportunity to experience all that The NAMM Show has to offer those looking to have careers in the music or music products industry.
GenNext registrants are eligible to receive:
- All-access to all four days of The NAMM Show
- Extensive professional development sessions presented by experts that are designed to jump-start your career in music or the music products industry
- Exclusive networking events with like-minded peers…and more!
To qualify for this exclusive NAMM Show opportunity, you must fit into one of the categories:
- Current college music student studying music, music business, music technology or music education
- College music faculty member
For more information about GenNext at The NAMM Show, please contact Claire Kreger-Boaz.
NAMM President's Innovation Award
The NAMM President’s Innovation Award supports individuals who are enrolled in college and university music and/or music business programs and are preparing for careers in the music products industry. The Innovation Award seeks to support individuals who express commitment and aptitude for business leadership and innovation in the music products industry.
Cash awards of $600 are given once a year and one-time-only to selected undergraduate and graduate students to support travel needs and expenses to attend The NAMM Show, the annual global music products trade show in Anaheim, Calif. in January. Awardees will participate in professional development offerings and have access to more than 1,600 exhibits at this global music products trade show.
- Must be enrolled for the summer or fall 2016 semester in a university-based music business, music education and/or music technology program
- Must be able to prove with a spring 2016 college transcript-interest in and achievement in studying both music and business-related courses and have an overall 3.0 or higher grade point average
- Must be scheduled to be enrolled full-time in college at the time of The 2017 NAMM Show and through the winter/spring semester.
The deadline to apply has passed.
Congratulations to last year's recipients!