NAMM President's Innovation Award
The NAMM President’s Innovation Award honors college students who demonstrate excellence in the field of music. Winners have proven dedication to pursuing a career in music to include the areas of music performance, music education, media, sound engineering/audio, event technology, production, administration, management and/or marketing along with product creation and innovation.
This year’s award takes an unprecedented turn with the reality of The NAMM show not taking place in Southern California in January 2021 due to health and safety concerns caused by the pandemic. Travel stipends will not be awarded, but selected students will attend online events in November and January with iconic industry leaders and artists to support education and career development.
Believe in Music
Due to current health and safety concerns, the NAMM Show will not convene as a live event. NAMM and The NAMM Foundation will present Believe in Music during the week of January 18, 2021. Believe in Music will offer multi-day professional training events for music, pro audio and event technology professionals, product demonstrations and vigorous networking for musicians and industry professionals.
The NAMM Foundation will not be awarding travel stipends this year but will provide students who receive the award with online events that seek to support your education and career development.
- November 19: Conversation and Q&A with NAMM President and CEO Joe Lamond.
- During Believe in Music week: Careers in Music Summit session featuring an artist. The artist to be announced later.
Additional professional development opportunities will be offered through the GenNext program.
Awardees must participate in the online "President's Innovation Award only" events. Upon completion of all events, awardees will receive an award certificate and the privilege to name the award on their resume.
The NAMM President’s Innovation Award Supports individuals who are enrolled in college and university music and/or music business programs and are preparing for careers in the music industry, performance, music education, media, sound engineering/audio, event technology, production, administration, management and/or marketing along with product creation and innovation.
- Application Opens: September 1
- Application Closes: October 31
- Award Notifications: November 16
- Congratulations to the 2020 NAMM President's Innovation Award Recipients! Read more
- Future of Music: The 2020 President’s Innovation Award Recipients
- Riley Baisch Reflects on Impact of 2020 NAMM Show
- Spotlight on NAMM President’s Innovation Award Recipient: Madison Booth
- Meet NAMM President’s Innovation Award Recipient: Alex Alberti
- 2019 President Innovation Award Winner, Stephanie Landino Shares the Importance of going to The NAMM Show.
- Rebecca Scholldorf, former President's Innovation Award Winner, Shares her Success.
- Jon Giroux, former President's Innovation Award Winner, discusses his experience at The NAMM Show.
- NAMM Young Professionals (NAMM YP) chatted about their roles in the music products industry and the windy roles that lead them to their current careers. Listen here.
If you have any questions regarding this application, please contact The NAMM Foundation at least 24 hours in advance of the application deadline at firstname.lastname@example.org.