SWIM Fund (Smart Women in Music Fund)
The SWIM Fund is used to support women in various stages of their careers in the music products industry through the following activities:
- Professional development opportunities at The NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA and at Summer NAMM in Nashville, TN
- Job-shadowing and mentoring with women who are industry leaders at trade shows and other music industry events
- In-company residencies
- Invitation to apply to attend an annual two-day SWIM leadership symposium for up to 16 women in 2020.
Apply to Attend the Smart Women in Music (SWIM) Summit
The 2020 SWIM Summit is seeking up to 16 women to attend a leadership summit March 3-6th in beautiful Carlsbad, California at the NAMM Headquarters. Summit attendees will also engage in an evening filled with fun outings such as a reception at NAMM Headquarters, taking a tour of the Museum of Making Music (MOMM) and an evening of a food and wine tour of the quant downtown Carlsbad.
SWIM Summit Program Statement of Purpose:
The SWIM Summit program supports women working in the music products industry and their goals to connect, support and grow their leadership and professional abilities. An annual leadership emersion experience will be offered with the applicants receiving the educational experience covered by the awarded scholarship.
The SWIM Fund envisions a future state of the music industry where at least 10% of the CEO roles are held by women (the current state is 2.2%) and 50% of C-suite positions are held by women. Our focus with this program is to build leadership skills, confidence and a lifelong network for inspired, driven women to reach this goal within the next 10 years.
Key Goals and Educational Overview
The SWIM Summit program will connect and build relationships with other high-performance women in the music industry. Workshops and sessions will focus on;
- Identifying personal leadership strengths and enhancing them
- Improving communication and influence skills
- Learning effective models for giving and receiving feedback
- Building skills in resilience and mindset
- Creating concrete and actionable goals to enhance personal and professional effectiveness
This program will be focused on world-class professional development, leadership training and building strong lifelong relationships between the attendees.
- Up to 16 SWIM Summit scholarships will be awarded
- The award covers the curriculum costs for a two-day leadership summit, an opening and closing reception, meals during the summit and travel to/from the hotel and to NAMM Headquarters
- The estimated grant value is $4,500
- Summit awardees cover their costs for travel to San Diego, California, hotel and travel to/from the airport and any other incidentals.
- Women who have at least five years of experience working in the music products industry and seek opportunities to expand their leadership and professional competencies
- Participants must be at manager level or higher
- Applicants should model the mission of SWIM to connect, support and grow opportunities for themselves and all women in the music products industry
- Must work for a NAMM member company
Deadline to apply: December 20, 2019 (you must use the invitation code provided in the guidelines)
Award Notifications: During The 2020 NAMM Show
SWIM Summit: March 3-6, 2020
Report Deadline: April 4, 2020
How to Apply
Please read the guidelines carefully before completing all requirements via The NAMM Foundation's online application system. Instructions on how to apply, including the required invitation code, are listed in the guidelines.