First Performance National Day of Celebration
The Music Achievement Council set aside the third week of November as The First Performance National Day of Celebration to celebrate, honor and recognize the achievements of beginning instrumental music students. It is celebrated through the presentation of a demonstration concert that allows these young musicians to showcase their newly-acquired musical skills for the very first time in a successful public venue. This scripted event provides parents with the opportunity to hear their child's progress in a fun and entertaining setting that requires little or no extra work for the teacher as all materials are provided on this website at no charge.
The objectives of the First Performance National Day of Celebrations are:
- To reduce beginner dropout rate
- To provide short-range incentive goals
- To encourage communication with parents
- To further strengthen administrative support and
- To celebrate the musical accomplishments of students
The FPNDOC Toolkit includes:
- Template letter/invitation to parents
- Template letter/invitation to the principal/administration
- Customizable PDF Certificate of Advancement
- Template scripts
- Template Press Release Materials
The sound of applause early in a musician's life can encourage continued growth and lead to a lifetime of music making. This easy-to-implement, turn-key program will serve to provide an exciting first step in that musical journey.
Download your materials below to prepare for your First Performance National Day of Celebration!