William R. Gard Scholarship
Named for a former NAMM Executive Vice President, the Gard Scholarship is available to NAMM Member employees who are attending college.
Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $2,000 per academic year and may be renewed for up to three additional years, provided the applicant continues to be employed with a Member firm and maintains an overall 3.0 grade point average. Scholarship renewal is determined following consideration of renewal application and other required materials.
Funds are sent directly to the recipient's college or university. Monies may be used toward the recipient's tuition or mandatory fees and will be disbursed in the fall. The recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student at the time of disbursement. If the student leaves school, any unused funds must be returned to The NAMM Foundation Gard Scholarship Fund.
- Employment (full or part-time) with NAMM Member company in good standing
- Must have completed at least 400 hours of employment at the NAMM Member firm
- Must be enrolled as a full-time college student for the upcoming fall session
- Must submit letters of recommendation (at least one of which must be from NAMM Member employer) recent transcripts, and any awards and community involvement acknowledgements
- The application process begins July 6 and closes July 31
NOTE: As a graduate student, you are eligible to apply for a scholarship renewal of one additional year; the second year must follow the current year of award
- Download the Guidelines for review only.
Congratulations to the 2015 Gard Scholarship Recipients!
Meet Gard Scholarship winner Brandon Eckroth.
Meet Gard Scholarship winner Kelly Riordan
Learn more about William Gard. He served as the NAMM Executive President for over 35 years, beginning right after World War II.