NAMM President's Innovation Award
The NAMM President’s Innovation Award honors college students who demonstrate excellence in the field of music and who are interested in pursuing a career in the music industry.
Recipients receive a one-time cash award of $750 to go toward travel expenses to attend The NAMM Show, the annual global music products trade show in Anaheim, CA. Award winners have the opportunity to attend professional development sessions and visit more than 7,000 music products, pro audio, and live event technology exhibits. In addition to all of this, they will have access to concerts, special events, and networking sessions.
Application Cycle opens: June 15
Application Cycle closes: September 30
Award Notifications are sent: November 15
2020 NAMM Show: January 21-24, 2021
- Supports individuals who are enrolled in college and university music and/or music business programs and are preparing for careers in the music industry.
- Cash awards of $750 are given once a year and one-time-only to selected undergraduate and graduate students to support travel needs and expenses.
- Awardees participate in professional development offerings and have access to more than 7,000 music products, pro audio and live event technology exhibits. In addition to concerts, special events and networking sessions.
- Must be enrolled for the summer of fall 2019 semester in the university-based music business, music education and/or music technology program and prove - with a spring 2019 college transcript.
- Have an overall 3.0 or higher grade point average.
- Applicants must be scheduled to be enrolled full-time in college at the time of The 2021 NAMM Show and through the winter/spring semester.
- Congratulations to the 2020 NAMM President's Innovation Award Recipients! Read more
- Future of Music: The 2020 President’s Innovation Award Recipients
- Riley Baisch Reflects on Impact of 2020 NAMM Show
- Spotlight on NAMM President’s Innovation Award Recipient: Madison Booth
- Meet NAMM President’s Innovation Award Recipient: Alex Alberti
- 2019 President Innovation Award Winner, Stephanie Landino Shares the Importance of going to The NAMM Show.
- Rebecca Scholldorf, former President's Innovation Award Winner, Shares her Success.
- Jon Giroux, former President's Innovation Award Winner, discusses his experience at The NAMM Show.
- NAMM Young Professionals (NAMM YP) chatted about their roles in the music products industry and the windy roles that lead them to their current careers. Listen here.
If you have any questions regarding this application, please contact The NAMM Foundation at least 24 hours in advance of the application deadline at firstname.lastname@example.org.