NAMM President's Innovation Award
The NAMM President’s Innovation Award honors college students who demonstrate excellence in the field of music and who are interested in pursuing a career in the music industry.
Recipients receive a one-time cash award of $600 to go toward travel expenses to attend The NAMM Show, the annual global music products trade show in Anaheim, CA January 24-27, 2019. Award winners have the opportunity to attend professional development sessions and visit more than 7,000 music products, pro audio, and live event technology exhibits. In addition to all of this, they will have access to concerts, special events and networking sessions.
Application Cycle opens: June 15, 2018
Application Cycle closes: September 30, 2018
Award Notifications are sent: November 15, 2018
Before applying, please download and review the guidelines below.
- Supports individuals who are enrolled in college and university music and/or music business programs and are preparing for careers in the music industry
- Cash awards of $600 are given once a year and one-time-only to selected undergraduate and graduate students to support travel needs and expenses
- Awardees participate in professional development offerings and have access to more than 7,000 music products, pro audio and live event technology exhibits. In addition to concerts, special events and networking sessions
- Must be enrolled for the summer or fall 2018 semester in a university-based music business, music education and/or music technology program and prove—with a Spring 2018 college transcript
- Have an overall 3.0 or higher grade point average
- Applicants must be scheduled to be enrolled full-time in college at the time of The 2019 NAMM Show and through the winter/spring semester.
"It was life changing. NAMM is filled with professionals in the music industry, which creates endless networking opportunities. I left NAMM more motivated than ever to further my career within the music industry."-Jeremy McCool, Western Illinois University, 1st year, Graduate Student
Congratulations to the 2019 NAMM President's Innovation Award Recipients!
Meet Rebecca Scholldorf, a 2015 NAMM President's Innovation Award Recipient.
Meet Jon Giroux, a 2013 NAMM President's Innovation Award Recipient.
If you have any questions regarding this application, please contact The NAMM Foundation at least 24 hours in advance of the application deadline at firstname.lastname@example.org.