William R. Gard Scholarship
The William R. Gard Memorial Scholarship was established by the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) to encourage students to pursue education and careers in the music products industry. Named for a former NAMM Executive Vice President, William R. Gard, the Gard Scholarship is available to NAMM Member employees who attend college full-time.
- Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $2,000 per academic year
- It may be renewed for up to three additional years, provided the applicant continues to be employed with a Member firm
- Scholarship funds are sent directly to the awardee's college or university
- Funds may be used toward the awardee's tuition or mandatory fees and will be disbursed once NAMM receives all required paperwork
- If the student leaves school, any unused funds must be returned to The NAMM Foundation Gard Scholarship Fund
- Employment with a NAMM member company in good standing
- Must have completed at least 400 hours of employment at the NAMM member company
- Must be enrolled as a full-time college student
- Must submit two letters of recommendation; recent transcripts
- Maintain an overall 3.0-grade point average
NOTE: As a graduate student, you are eligible to apply for a scholarship renewal of one additional year; the second year must follow the current year of the award.
- Application Opens: Open
- Application Closes: October 15
- Award Notifications: November 1
Meet Gard Scholarship winner Jon Blanchette
Learn more about William Gard. He served as the NAMM Executive President for over 35 years, beginning right after World War II.