The NAMM Foundation and The College Music Society invite you to apply to participate in the 2021 NAMM-CMS Fellows Program, scheduled during the 2021 Summer NAMM Show in Nashville, Tennessee, July 15-16, 2021.
Application Deadline: May 7, 2021
Accepted Fellows Notified: May 29, 2021
Start Here: Download the Submission Guidelines
The NAMM Foundation—College Music Society Fellows Program seeks to support individuals who exhibit commitment and aptitude for developing curricula related to business leadership and innovation in music, pro-audio, and event technology.
Selected Fellows receive a $1,000 stipend to support expenses to attend Summer NAMM in Nashville, TN.
Fellows will participate in two days of specialized programming—including sessions on the music industry, curricula, and leadership development, as well as conversations with industry leaders.
- Current member of The College Music Society (CMS)
- Currently employed faculty member in community college, college, or university music program, with plans for continued employment during the 2021-2022 academic year
- Preference will be given to candidates who 1) provide evidence of interest in gaining knowledge of the music industry and likelihood to use that knowledge to develop their professional portfolios and program curricula, 2) provide evidence of supporting The College Music Society's current common topic "Leading Change" and CMS’s ongoing commitment to equity and opportunity, and 3) reflect the geographical diversity of The College Music Society.
NAMM-CMS Fellows Schedule At-a-Glance for July 15 & 16
Thursday, July 15, 2021 (Wednesday arrival recommended)
- Fellows Orientation
- Overview of NAMM, The NAMM Show and the GenNext College Music Program
- NAMM Foundation opportunities for Students and Faculty
- Networking Lunch
- Nashville Tour (dependent upon local public health rules and openings)
Friday, July 16, 2021
- Guided VIP tour of trade show floor
- Roundtable discussions with NAMM Foundation and music industry leaders
- Networking Lunch
- Threading the Needle: From Music Education to a Career in Music, the Benefits of Bringing Students to The NAMM Show
- How to Talk to Your Administration about Attending The NAMM Show
- Music Education Advocacy: Tools and Tips for How to Get Involved
Contact Claire Kreger-Boaz