The NAMM Foundation is excited to present three exceptional women with the Smart Women in Music (SWIM) Fund. The SWIM Fund scholarship program supports women working in the music products industry in their goals to connect, support and grow their leadership and professional skill sets.
Lauren Sleath, National Educational Music Co.
Leanne Chu, Gator Cases
Samantha Marie-Didier Tranchida, Quinlan & Fabish Music Co.
SWIM Mission: The Smart Women in Music (SWIM) Fund was created in 2018 to expand diversity, inclusion, and support for women in the music products industry.
Overview: The SWIM Fund NAMM Show Scholarship Program seeks to support women with goals to connect, support and grow as professionals and leaders, and to contribute to the development of the music products industry.
SWIM Fund Summer NAMM Scholarship Program Statement of Purpose: The SWIM Fund scholarship program supports women working in the music products industry in their goals to connect, support and grow their leadership and professional skill sets. A one-time stipend of $600 is available to support qualified applicants’ attendance and participation at Summer NAMM, July 18 – 20, 2019 in Nashville, TN. Awards can be used to support travel, housing and other expenses related to attending Summer NAMM where scholarship recipients will be recognized at a SWIM Meet reception.
Award: A stipend payment will be made as a reimbursement after Summer NAMM after NAMM staff receives required final report that outlines recipients’ participation in Summer NAMM events; see report and reimbursement requirements below.
- Women who have least three years of experience working in the music products industry who seek opportunities to expand leadership and professional competencies
- Applicants should model the mission of SWIM: to Connect/Support/Grow opportunities for themselves and all women in the music products industry
- Applicants must be first-time NAMM show attendees or be interested in attending a NAMM Show after an absence of at least five years
- Scholarship Recipient Requirements for Summer NAMM
Participate in at least six Idea Center sessions
- Attend all NAMM Breakfast Sessions
- Three hours of job shadowing at Summer NAMM with SWIM-affiliated leaders
- Attendance at the SWIM Meet reception where scholarship recipients will be recognized
- Submit a final report that summarizes activities and takeaways from Summer NAMM attendance; scholarship will be paid upon submission and review of this report